Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Routines... GOOD OR BAD. YOU BE THE JUDGE

Ok so every night is the same thing.. EXACTLY the same thing.. times may vary but everything else is clockwork..
When Morgan was a baby we did things totally differently because she was our first baby, and at the time it made things easier.. Instead of putting her to bed in her crib we used to let her fall asleep on the couch and carry her to bed, then of course she'd wake up in the middle of the night and end up in our bed. When I was pregnant with Logan we knew things had to change, otherwise I would go insane. So before Logan came, we managed to "train" Morgan to fall asleep in her own bed. However she was still NOT a good sleeper. By the time Logan came around we were a bit smarter an had him go to bed while awake. So to this day he'll tell me he is ready for bed and go with no problem... I wish I could say the same for Morgan. We still have the same ritual: snuggle on the couch, walk to her room, Daddy says goodnight first, Mommy tucks her in, kiss and hug goodnight, make sure her door is ALL The way open. Then it NEVER fails, as soon as I sit on the couch I hear, "MOMMY!" "what", I say... lets see, its either, her finger hurts, her lip hurts, her door isn't open all the way touching the wall, the TVs too loud, or daddy is talking too loud".. OMG seriously can we have ONE night where we don't go thru this? my guess is NO. So tonight, was the same thing, My day was LESS then easy, well at least the afternoon.. Logan was Pill and went to bed early, he was a mess because I would not let him play with his leapster at bedtime (we had a lesson on Consequences). He learned that if you misbehave and make mommy need a xanex, the consequence is No leapster at bedtime.. we'll try again tomorrow. So Logan is sound asleep and Morgan, of course, goes to bed after we snuggle on the couch.. daddy is putting batteries in her leapster and I have a few things to do, so the routine HAD to change.. Mommy had to say goodnight FIRST. daddy had to go SECOND. Yea well that did NOT go over well... So here is my advice to you all.. STOP THE ROUTINE INSANITY BEFORE ITS TOO LATE. and as usual we sit on the couch and hear "mommmmmy" I send Joe in, the problem was daddy is talking to loud"

No comments:

Post a Comment